Peanut Butter Chocolate Buckwheat Bars
Peanut Butter Buckwheat Chocolate Bars
A sweet & salty combination for a grown-up style chocolate bar that is sure to satisfy any chocolate-lovers craving!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 173
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 20g
Saturated Fat 11g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 21g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 1/2 c buckwheat grouts
- 1 c crunchy organic peanut butter
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 1/2 c vegan chocolate chips OR 2 tbsp cacao powder + 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1. Line a square baking dish with parchment paper and set aside (the parchment paper will help make the dessert removal process easy!)
- 2. In a food processor or Vitamix, pulse the buckwheat grouts until it resembles a course flour.
- 3. Add remaining filling ingredients into the mix and blend until it becomes a mouldable texture.
- 4. Press the filling into the square dish and smooth over with the back of a spatula (a spoon can work too). Put in the freezer to firm up while you prepare the chocolate topping.
- 5. Melt coconut oil and chocolate chips/cacao+maple syrup together. Evenly spread over the filling by tilting the sides of the square pan. Return to the freezer for 20 minutes to firm up before cutting into 16 squares or 8 large bars.
- * I like to sprinkle sea salt over the bars after the chocolate topping has hardened. Sweet & salty are a great match!
- * If you can aren't going to eat them right away, store in the freezer and let set at room temperature for 5 minutes before digging in.
Wholesome Slice https://wholesomeslice.com/