Chocolate “Banana” Soft Serve Ice Cream
If you’ve read my 5 Random Facts About Me you might recall that I have a special place in my heart for ice cream and chocolate. So the other day I was brainstorming recipe ideas, but I didn’t have much time to be in the kitchen that day because of my upcoming Nutrition midterm.
Yet, here I was, craving my two favourites – chocolate and ice cream. I needed a little sugar rush before I sat down to study 😉
I contemplated going to the dining hall to buy some chocolate or soft serve to satisfy the urge… BUT, I’m writing a healthy food blog, so that’d be a poor choice.
And so, I reconsidered and I came out with the BEST OF BOTH; a new creation for my blog and a healthy snack that delivered everything I was hankering for.
I give you, Chocolate BANANA soft serve ice cream. It takes less then 10 minutes to make, its
and oh so creamy.
Literally, everything I wanted before I got into “power study mode“.
P.S. If you couldn’t tell I’m a pretty big procrastinator – when I look back at how important it was to create this recipe, take pictures, write about it, and of course devour the ice cream
study for my midterm…
Yeah, I’m still happy with my choice because it turned out delicious and made me super happy 🙂
- 1 c frozen banana pieces
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 tbsp almond butter*
- Shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- Crushed nuts
- Dried Banana Pieces
- Cocao chips (or dark chocolate chips)
- In a small food processor or blender, pulse all ingredients together 5-7 times or until mixture has thickened together smoothly.
- Serve with shredded coconut flakes, crushed nuts, cocao chips and banana pieces.
- try to use part of the liquid oil part at the top of the jar, along with the thicker butter part, to help blend icecream together.